How to prep for your heated spray tan
Here are some simple tips to help you prepare for your amazing airbrush tan:
- Shave or wax any unwanted body hair 24 hours before your appointment.
- Exfoliate everywhere using a loofa or dry brush.
- Arrive to your appointment on time with clean skin, no makeup or lotion. Makeup remover is available at the studio.
- Most women tan topless or nude. We offer complimentary disposable thongs at the studio. Please keep in mind that any item you do have on will result in tan lines of those items. If you tan without a bra, you cannot put your bra back on for at least 2 hours after tanning, unless tan lines from the bra are not a concern. Men are required to wear under garment.
- Be sure to bring dark, loose clothes & sandals to wear after and be prepared to avoid sweating or getting wet for at least 8 hours. If it is raining, please bring a loose long sleeve shirt and loose pants or a maxi dress, also an umbrella. It is very important to avoid getting rained on.
- For best results, do NOT shower for 2 hours before your appointment. Doing so can negatively impact the tanning results, causing streaks or a lighter color than desired.
- Avoid washing your hands or getting them wet for at least 6 hours after the tan (4 hours with accelerator), use a baby wipe or hand sanitizer instead. If you wash your hands too soon, the tan will not develop on the skin that was exposed to water.
- Any massages, manicures, pedicures and/or facials should be performed prior to your spray tan.
- If you have leather interior and are wearing shorts or a dress, bring a towel to sit on for the drive home so your bare skin does not touch the leather.
- Do not use any products containing mineral oil, especially baby oil as it will remove the tan or cause streaks. Do not spray perfume directly on your spray tan as the alcohol can cause streaks, spray it on your clothes instead.
- After your first rinse, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE! Moisturizing the skin 1-2 times daily will help your tan to last longer and fade evenly.